Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2008

My Role Model Given The Bum's Rush

The 'Ole Perfesser PZ Myers got ejected from the line waiting to get into a free showing of the creationist scree "Expelled", and he had a cameo role in the film. When I say film, I think I mean that greasy crud that builds up on bachelors' kitchen counters. The corner of the Inter-Web tubes in which I dwell is presided over by the likes of Richard Dawkins, notorious heathen and PZ Myers, author of science blog "Pharyngula". (I would love to paste a link here, but for some reason Google Blogger doesn't support pasted links, but uses a circuitous bit of windows jiggery pokery that I never have learned). Those that know me, know that in my opinion creationists are perhaps the lowest form of political huxters living off the faith and ignorance of the great unwashed, and I don't mean hippies. The creationist idiots are a knife in the heart of our culture of naturalist science, humanism and enlightenment. They are the talaban of christianity, and in league with their front group, The Discovery Institute, and front man, Ben Stein have produced a movie that warps science into knots, whines about their inability to get scientists to take them seriously, and brings juvenile mockery to the debate. (I am a big fan of sophisticated adult mockery).

So far the producers of "Expelled" is trying to do the "Passion of The Christ" thing by showing their work, invitation only in church basements in order to gin up the  box office if they ever do have a general theatrical release. As far as I know Stein doesn't have a distribution deal yet. If it ever does get released, it is destined to be the "Reefer Madness" for the next generation.

3 comments:

Microscopes said...

Yeah, its good idea. Keep up....

Laurie said...

From your photo, you even look a bit like your roll model! Do you like all things with tentacles, too?

Bert Chadick said...

P Zed should be an inspiration for all in the reality based world.

We have easy squid jigging off the Purdy Bridge, and it didn't used to require a fishing license. That's probably changed The giant octopus of Puget Sound are a bit tough for my tastes don't know a species of cephalopod that I don't admire. If I had known as a kid what I know now, I would have raised a cuttlefish and fed it dead parakeet bones.