Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Gregoire V. Rossi

I was suspicious of Christine Gregoire when she first ran for governor. As Attorney General she blew a deadline that ended up costing the State almost twenty six million dollars. To be fair one of her underlings actually missed the filing deadline, but she was AG at the time, so was responsible. I knew little about Rossi, except for the fact that he wasn't from the snake handling holy rolling tongue talking wing of the Washington State Republicans. I also feared that the Washington Education Association would call the shots on the education budget. That was enough for me to vote Rossi. I keep my street creds by occasionally voting for someone other than a D.

Chris Gregoire has earned my vote this Fall. She has held the line on the State budget in the face of raging pressures to expand services. There have been few if any bureaucratic screw-ups that cost the State taxes and returned nothing. If we cannot re-elect a politician who is competent and honest then I have little hope for the future of democracy.

Rossi seems to have been stored on ice for the last four years by the land developers' association. They have been chaffing at the onus of having to pay for the extension of services to their dreams of sprawl. He almost won last election, but shouldn't come anywhere nearly as close this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bert, I don't know where you've been getting your info from, but thought you might want to have a look at this. This was the front page of the Seattle Times a couple of weeks ago.

Take Care,

- A Concerned Citizen


http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008061912_spending20m0.html