Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Dog That Didn't Bark

Am I the only one who is noticing that Hesbollah, the Iranian backed Shia force in South Lebanon, has not fired a single missile at Israel? If I had been looking for an example of the discipline knit into the Iranian version of radical Islam I don't think I could have found a better. There have been a few Katusha rockets fired from Lebanon, but they are crude homemade devices as dangerous to the firers as the targets. These are not the weapons of Hesbollah. Why can we not recognize Iran's restraint in this obvious opportunity to make Palestine a bigger mess and cement their dominant political position in Syria and Lebanon for generations? 

I don't pretend to read the Mullah's minds, but I suspect they are looking for a deal and don't want to step on the toes of the incoming administration. Lets hope Obama and Hillary can read the tea leaves.

No comments: