Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

They Done Good


As much as I love to gripe about the crappy service and lack of knowledge by the floor people, especially at consumer electronics stores, I have to give an attaboy for the folks at the University City Apple Store. My Daughter has my old MacBook, and as an aging laptop is want to do, it is developing "issues". First the hard disk developed "the click of death". No argument, no runaround. Apple replaced the drive in a day and she went happily, if lacking her un-backed up data. Three weeks later she had a connectivity problem with her Airport card, which turned out to be a snafu with the cable company's equipment. While visiting the "Apple Genius Bar" she mentioned that her battery was not keeping a charge, and presto! a new battery is provided.

I will report the folks I dealt with knew their stuff, and were able to correct the problems in short order without consulting a manager or requiring the machine be sent off to a repair center. Yes, we pay a premium for Apple product design and service, but in my experience it's been well worth it.

No comments: