Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Smokin'

After twenty years of contemplation, I have decided that we should let 'em smoke. I personally haven't had a cigarette since 1980, and have been a supporter of the smoke free movement. I see the damage that making ordinary people stand out in the weather to feed their addiction. The anti smoking movement has all the obnoxious elements of the anti abortion movement. Sure there is probably some danger in second hand smoke, but if you have a smoking friendly establishment you should be forced to buy a cancer/heart disease rider to your regular workman's comp. Same goes for smoking offices.

The main damage done by the smoking ban is to our cohesion as a nation and respect for law. I am as annoyed by the folk who know how I should live my life and use the government to make me do it. Kiss my ass, you can't miss it.

No comments: