Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

Confessions Of A Dabbler.

I noticed last week that I hadn't posted for about two months, and it's not for lack of ideas. Motivation escapes me every now and then, supposedly because of a serotonin uptake problem. I take little mud colored "crazy" pills, but they are unreliable and at most take the edge off. Perhaps that's the cause of my dis-motivation, but I suspect that in this case it is my status as a unreconstructable dabbler and lay-about that rang in this epic period of inactivity. I think I need an editor setting deadlines and yelling at me to get on a schedule.

Dabblers like me cannot stay on task long enough to actually add to the net knowledge base of mankind. I have opinions I can turn a phrase to communicate concepts, but have no audience. Today's thought is that the passing the Republican health car plan (whatever it is) is like buying season tickets to the Harlem Globetrotters. Pointless. I see undirected rage in the tea-bagger community boiling, but too PC to actually admit that they can't stand a black man living in the White House passing laws that conflict with the Church of Free Marketry.

To my few readers: I promise to be better.

No comments: